Have you ever wished your photographs were better? More memorable? Closer to what you wanted to share and say? The key is not so much camera settings, but how you design your photograph - what you include, what you exclude; your angle and point of view; following the principles of composition, and flouting them. Explore the world of composing fine photographs by shooting weekly assignments and sharing the results on Flickr for feedback outside and inside our weekly Zoom sessions. Nothing improves your photography like looking at lots of photographs, getting suggestions for better composition, and practice. This course is for anyone who loves photography and using any digital camera, phone to mirrorless. Submit 3 photographs to share as part of your introduction in the first class. No prior experience and knowledge of photography is required. This course is part of our Senior Series, courses designed for older students offered during the daytime on diverse topics, though students of all ages are welcome.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- understand the principles of strong composition
- know when to apply those principles - and when not to
- visualize your best photograph and make it
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone who has a passion for photography
- Any photographers who of any skill level using any digital camera, phone to mirrorless
- People with any digital camera who is interested in improving the quality of their photos
- Anyone interested in learning about photo composition and design
- People who want to take compelling photos they can be proud of