Demand for workers with residential building skills in the Seattle area is enormous, and jobs can be rewarding and well-paying. This new certificate program provides hands-on career training in “whole building” residential construction.
Designed to put your skills to work in the field, this program is open for people with no experience, as well as anyone currently working in construction who would like to take their career to the next level.
Learn foundational construction skills, gain experience with tools and materials, develop carpentry skills, and build interior and exterior finishing skills. Lecture, discussion, and written materials will prepare you to take the Carpentry Basic Certification exam.
Gain the knowledge and experience for gainful employment and advancement in residential construction.
- Week One - April 5 - Siding and Decks, Part 1
- Week Two - April 19 - Siding and Decks, Part 2 (plus Saturday, April 22)
- Week Three - April 26 - Insulation and Ventilation
- Week Four - May 3 - Wall Finish, Interior Finish
- Week Five - May 10 - Stair Framing and Finish (plus Saturday, May 13)
- Week Six - May 17 - Interior Millwork Installation, Part 1
- Week Seven - May 24 - Interior Millwork Installation, Part 2
- Week Eight - May 31 - Cabinets and Countertops, Part 1 (plus Saturday, June 3)
- Week Nine - June 7 - Cabinets and Countertops, Part 2 (plus Saturday, June 10)
- Week Ten - June 14 - Review
*** Dates above are for Spring 2022.
Residential Construction Academy Carpentry 5th Edition. ISBN13: 9781337918503 and ISBN10: 1337918504. Available as a hard-cover book, e-book, or MindTap. You can find it online through a bookseller of your choice.
"This program gave me greater knowledge, better understanding, and a space to hone my skills, plus a network with other students that, I hope, will benefit our careers in the future." - Graduate from 2021-22
You can READ MORE about the Residential Construction micropathway program on the Seattle Colleges website, and then return to this page to register.