Gain the knowledge and skills needed to do basic repairs and maintenance on your house. You'll feel good learning how to do home projects yourself and you will probably save money as well!
Learn how to select and safely use common household tools. Participate in a variety of projects that you can learn to do yourself to keep your house in good repair. Gain knowledge about basic plumbing, wall repair, electrical work, weatherization, and home security. Explore materials and methods for remodeling, including kitchen and bath remodels, whether that means hiring others or doing parts of the work yourself. By the end of class, you will be able to perform some of your own home repairs with confidence! Supplies & Safety Equipment Needed
Please Bring and Use the Items Listed Below In this Class
Safety equipment can be purchased from hardware stores and some drug stores. Purchase what seems comfortable for you to use and wear. Please bring and use your safety equipment for all sessions.
- Supplies: tape measure, pen & paper
- Respiratory protection: dust mask, cloth mask, N95 mask, or respirator
- Hearing protection: ear plugs or ear-muff style
- Eye protection: safety glasses or goggles
- Feet: wear sturdy shoes; no open-toe shoes
- Learn how to effectively use home power tools
- Get tips and tricks for completing common home repairs
- Gain experience with hands-on, practical guidance
Who Might Enjoy this Class?
- Homeowners that would like to learn how to handle common basic repairs themselves
- Anyone who wishes to be more handy around the house
- This class requires a minimum age of 18.