Are you interested in building, or repairing, things from wood? Get started learning basic carpentry and woodworking skills in this rewarding hands-on class.
Learn how to use power tools safely and confidently, understanding which tool to use for various jobs. Explore materials and how to select the right materials for the job you want to work on. Discover the basics of joinery, jigs, carpentry, woodworking methods, and project design, in a woodshop.
Then apply everything you've learned in a hands-on project. Safely use hand and power tools to construct and assemble a toolbox from start to finish. By the end of class, you'll have created a useful wood box and the skills to continue a new rewarding hobby. You'll be able to use your box for tools, sewing supplies, gardening, etc, and build upon your skills for a lifetime.
Please Bring and Use the Items Listed Below In this Class
Safety equipment can be purchased from hardware stores and some Drug Stores. Purchase what seems comfortable for you to use and wear. Please bring and use your safety equipment to both sessions of this class.
- Tape measure and plenty of sharp #2 pencils; both are provided if needed.
- Respiratory protection: dust mask, cloth mask, N95 mask or respirator.
- Hearing protection: pods or inserts, ear-muff style.
- Vision protection: safety glasses or goggles.
- Learn how to safely and effectively use home power tools
- Become familiar with wood joinery, jigs, materials, methods, and project design
- Gain skills and confidence to tackle small carpentry projects on your own
- Complete a project guided by an expert woodworker
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone interested in learning basic carpentry skills
- People interested in learning how to use power tools safely and confidently
- Home improvement enthusiasts who would like to improve their carpentry skills
- Beginners with very minimal or no experience with woodworking or carpentry; minimum age of 18