Are you an au pair wanting to improve your US English skills? Improve your language skills while getting to know other au pairs and building a sense of community among au pairs in the Seattle region.
This class is led by a trained English as a second language (ESL) instructor who will help you improve your speaking, listening, vocabulary, and grammar skills. Through group conversations, student-centered grammar practice, informal presentations, field trips, and lots of vocabulary and listening activities, you'll gain more fluency and confidence. Mistakes are encouraged!
Learn American slang and cultural traditions, as well as Seattle customs and lifestyle. Topics include Seattle neighborhoods, American culture, cheap travel, and events around the Seattle area. Enjoy educational, social, and cultural experiences with other au pairs who are living and working in the Seattle area.
- Feel more confident in using and understanding U.S. English
- Practice conversation skills for both work and social situations in the U.S.
- Improve listening and comprehension skills.
- Learn grammar structures that improve communication with others in speaking and writing
- Use English to share ideas and collaborate with other au pairs in the Seattle area
Who Might Enjoy This Class
- Au pairs, nannies, or anyone interested in improving their U.S. English language skills
- Intermediate English or above; you should be able to participate in group conversations about everyday topics.