Italian language students, continue learning Italian in this early intermediate class. Review previous grammar structures and gain an introduction to some of the uses of subjunctive.
Enjoy casual conversation and learning cultural notes about Italy. Continue to improve listening and speaking skills, grammar, and vocabulary through conversation, reading, media, and practice.
You will have the opportunity to attend the Seattle Opera production of Verdi’s La Traviata. This event is optional and will require the purchase of special discounted tickets.
- Review and expand on relative pronouns
- Review direct and indirect pronoun, and learn how to use combined pronouns
- Review and expand on the use of indicative and conditional moods
- Learn present and past of subjunctive
- Learn the present and past infinitive
- For Fall 2023 (Term 2237, September - December 2023): Mafia, Amore e Polizia (with audio), by Alessandro De Giuli and Ciro Massimo Naddeo; publisher: Alma Edizioni
- For Winter 2024 (Term 2241, January - March 2024): Opera! + online MP3 audio, by Alessandro De Giuli/Ciro Massimo Naddeo; Publisher: Alma Edizioni, Ean: 9788861823907 (paper version) or Ean: 9788861825338 (ebook)
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
Prerequisite: students who have completed Italian Immersion - Level 4, Italian - Level 4, or comparable education (indicative and conditional moods at an elementary level).
- Italian language students who wish to improve their speaking, comprehension, and cultural understanding
- Students who enjoy a more immersive language learning experience