The world of grant-seeking is becoming more competitive. Gain the knowledge to become a successful grant writer, whether you're a program manager, fund developer, or the head of an organization. Learn a series of essential skills, from project design to development and persuasive writing.
Discover where to find grant opportunities, how to write grant reports, and how to build relationships with grantmakers so that you have all the information you need to get funding for something you care deeply about. Explore the ethics involved in writing proposals and reports, and receiving funds.
Topics will include:
- Writing a grant proposal, step by step
- Where to find grant opportunities and research strategies
- Using a logic model to design your project
- Formulating goals, outcomes, and objectives
- Preparing a project work plan and timeline
- Budgeting your project
- Editing for persuasive communications
- Building relationships with grantmakers
- The ethics involved in the grantwriting process
This online course provides on-demand instruction with reading and writing assignments plus a weekly Zoom meeting with your learning cohort for problem-based discussion. You will receive one-on-one personalized feedback on your writing and grant strategy - a huge asset of this class that sets it apart from others.
To achieve the certificate, you will need to complete a grant proposal within eight weeks, following the course curriculum. Your instructor, Allison Jones Shirk, M.Ed. has more than 25 years of experience writing grants and is a certified grantwriting instructor through the Grant Professional Association and Grant Professional Certification Institute. She will guide you through this process step by step.
This course is approved for 24 continuing education points for initial certification and renewal as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and Grant Professional Certified (GPC). This course, in partnership with Spark the Fire Grantwriting Classes, was rated by Instrumentl as one of the best grantwriting classes of 2022 and 2023.
- Properly outline goals for grants
- Develop proposals that will help you win grants
- Utilize skills in how to present your proposal
- Develop relationships with grantmakers
- Have a finished grant proposal developed with the guidance of an expert
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Professionals from government, nonprofit, tribes, and educational organizations
- Fund development consultants who are interested in honing their skills
- Freelance writers interested in expanding their available services
- Anyone interested in a career in nonprofits, government, education, tribes, fund development, or grantwriting
Free Info Session -- Tuesday, June 6; 6-7 pm
Meet the instructor, find out more about the class, and ask your questions!
REGISTER for the Info Session.