This class covers how an HR professional develops, implements and evaluates activities and programs that address employee training and development, performance appraisal, talent and performance management, and the unique needs of employees, to ensure that the knowledge, skills, abilities and performance of the workforce meet current and future organizational and individual needs.
At the completion of this course students should know and be able to:
- Ensure that HR development programs are compliant with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Develop/select and implement employee training programs to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Apply proper training design and evaluation methods.
- Develop/select and evaluate performance appraisal programs and processes.
- Implement training programs for performance evaluators.
- Recognize general organizational development theories and applications
- Develop, implement and evaluate performance management programs and procedures. (goal setting, job rotations, promotions, etc)
- Recognize and match appropriate training methods, facilitation techniques, instructional methods, program delivery mechanisms to the participant’s needs.