The ACT Prep Course includes:
- Experienced, dedicated instructors
- Official preparation guide which includes practice tests from ACT
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Review of frequently tested topics
- Access to online support resources
The ACT Prep Course covers:
Test Taking Strategies
- Use the process of elimination
- Master time-management skills
- Minimize test anxiety
- Identify common distractors
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items
Choose the Format That Works for You!
ACT Prep courses are offered on campus in Fort Worth and also live-online, giving you the option to choose the format that works best for you. Our on-campus classroom programs combine the familiar experience of an in-person classroom with convenient online support resources. Live-online courses offer the same great program as the in-person ACT Prep Courses with the added flexibility of attending class from any location. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real time with our expert instructors and to re-watch the recordings of your classes at your convenience through 120 days after your last scheduled class session.
Live-Online Office Hours
Weekly live-online office hours provide a convenient way for students to get individualized help with specific questions or concerns. The live-online office hours are free-form meetings open to all participants from both the on-campus and live-online ACT Prep Courses. The sessions are “drop-in” and student-directed, so there will not be a planned presentation for each session. Instead, our instructors will answer questions and work through problems in the order that they are received.
ACT Live-Online Prep Courses and Live-Online Office Hours require Adobe Connect, a free application. All you need to participate in live-online courses or office hours are a high-speed internet connection and speakers or headphones.
Check your system for Compatibility