Learning doesn't stop after retirement!
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF-OLLI) is a program designed to offer stimulating non-credit courses and lectures for adults 50 or older. Our membership is open to adults 50 and older and their adult companions. The memeberships run on a fiscal year system, lasting from July 1st to June 30th the following year. Our memberships do not automatically renew each year.
Members are invited from all backgrounds: a college education is not a prerequisite for membership. Members hare the common bonds of intellectual curiousity and the experience of their generation. They are self-motivated learners and eager to share opinions, knowledge, and expertise with humor and mutual respect. They also participate in planning and operating the program through committees and the Advisory Board.
- Access to our e-newsletter
- Opportunities to develop UAF-OLLI by joining our Advisory Board or serving on our various Committees
- Join an OLLI Special Interest Group (SIG)
- Register for courses and Summer Day Trips
- Attend and register for OLLI socials and special programs
- Receive a printed nametag for attending in-person courses
- Suggest future curriculum offerings
Curious? Join us today!
You can become a new member or renew your membership through our online registration system here or you can call or visit the OLLI Office.
Membership & Fees
We offer two types of membership: Regular and Unlimited, please see the descriptions below. Note: Some courses have a materials fee or facility fee; all students must pay those fees.
To upgrade from the Regular Membership to the Unlimited Membership, the $35 will be applied as a credit and you will have to pay the remaining balance.