Session 1 | Self-Awareness - Developing Yourself
Self-awareness is often the golden skill underlying many essential workplace and life skills. Before you can manage your interactions with others, you must first understand your own thoughts, beliefs, feelings, and actions. By understanding your strengths and weaknesses, how you cope with stress, or how you speak to others, you will be better able to tailor your actions to the people you’re with. You will also be better able to understand your thresholds for stress thus making you better able to cope and bounce back in the face of difficulties.
- Understand why learning self-awareness is critical and how it relates to our personal and professional lives
- Explain the biology and brain science of self-awareness and where it sits today
- Identify your own beliefs, values, and motivators in relation to others
- Identify your stressors and how you react to them
- Enact everyday strategies to build self-awareness within yourself
Session 2 | Communication Best Practices
Developing strong communication skills is essential when it comes to building a successful career. But your communication skills play a key role in your private life too. Learn about the most in-demand communication skills and how to improve them. Learn to hone your writing, presentation, personal interaction, and listening skills, which in turn will empower you to excel in your roles and achieve crucial business objectives.
- Describe different types of communication and how they are used in the workplace
- Recognize the skills required for effective communication
- Understand the impact that communication can have on how people are perceived by others
- Identify how effective communication can overcome challenges in the workplace
- Reflect on current personal communication skills and how these can be developed and used more successfully
Session 3 | Conflict Resolution Skills
In a diverse work force, the ability to resolve conflict in a timely and effective manner can prevent escalation and increase productivity. This course helps you identify the most common causes of conflict at your organization, provides techniques for managing workplace conflict, and identifies the negative effects of unresolved conflict so you understand the importance of immediately resolving their problems with co-workers and management.
- Identify the causes of conflict in the workplace
- Identify your common responses to conflict. Discuss different styles and approaches to conflict resolution
- Discuss how to create an environment for open, honest dialogue during conflict resolution
- Discuss how to respond to anger in the workplace and how to manage your own anger
Session 4 | Problem Solving
Problem-solving and effective decision-making are essential skills in today’s fast-paced and ever-changing workplace. Both require a systematic yet creative approach to address today’s business concerns. This course will teach an overarching process of how to identify problems to generate potential solutions and how to apply decision-making styles to implement and assess those solutions. Through this process, you will gain confidence in assessing problems accurate and selecting the appropriate decision-making approaches for the situation at hand.
- Learn problem-solving tools and techniques
- Develop a consistent problem-solving approach
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Understand the decision-making process
- Make better, more informed decisions
Session 5 | Workplace Readiness
Employers value employees who can communicate effectively and act professionally. No matter what technical skills a job may require, every job requires good social skills/interpersonal skills. Workplace readiness introduces you to the attitude, behaviors, critical skills, and professionalism that every employer seeks in an employee. It will further equip you with basic skills that will allow you to confidently execute your responsibilities in a professional environment.
- Develop specific social/interpersonal skills
- Gain an understanding of how we are perceived by others
- Understanding employer expectations for punctuality and performance
- Best practices for time management
- Exhibiting professionalism in the workplace