Digital communication can be tricky, but communication mediums like email are crucial in the modern workplace. This session discusses the pitfalls of email and other digital modes of communication, how to select the best message medium for the situation, and tips for how to use email strategically. Participants will learn language and tone strategies to maximize both positive and negative messages and build confidence communicating across mediums.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges with digital communication, like digital permanence
- Describe how a message medium's level of proximity impacts tone
- Decide which message medium to use based on the profile of the communication situation
- List best practices for using email functions strategically
- Define the steps to take when composing a very-formal, semi-formal, or non-formal email
- Employ language and tone strategies to deliver more effective positive and negative messages