Put effective presentation strategies into practice. In this session, participants learn how to analyze the audience and context, structure the speech, and use talking points and a speaking outline. We will discuss best practices for PowerPoint and visual aids, and tips for delivery and managing speaking anxiety. The course will use instruction, break-out activities, in-session presentation practice, discussion, and multi-media video and audio. Take advantage of this opportunity to develop your public speaking skills and confidence!
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create structure in the speech, build memorable introductions and conclusions, employ sign posts to guide the audience, and choose the best organization pattern
- Target the message correctly to the communication situation by analyzing the audience, context, and speaker
- Navigate questions and answer in a time-effective manner
- Master elements of delivery like eye contact, gestures, and voice
- Manage speaking anxiety by understanding the nervous system response and coping techniques
- Know when to employ different visual aids and the do’s and don’ts for effective PowerPoint