OLLI at the University of Nevada, Reno is a member-powered organization.
Your time and energy is always needed to support our programs and activities.
- Wordsmiths: craft print and online messages about OLLI activities for current and future OLLI members.
- Photographers: document OLLI activities and provide graphics for OLLI publications.
- Survey Developers: create information-gathering instruments in order to provide useful data for OLLI planning.
- Assist committees with special events.
- Coordinate room set-up and tear-down.
- Arrange for refreshments, decorations, etc. as needed.
- Develop a working relationship with the Sanford Center for Aging and the UNR Foundation to identify appropriate grant opportunities.
- Develop a long-range plan for facilities.
- Identify additional fundraising activities as needed.
- Arrive thirty minutes prior to scheduled session time.
- Welcome members; oversee sign-in procedures.
- Direct members to their session location.
- identify and represent OLLI at appropriate community events.
- Develop and implement member recruitment, mentoring, retention and recognition plans.
- Send handwritten notes to OLLI members in need as appropriate.
- Review applications of prospective scholarship recipients.
- Recruit, retain and recognize member volunteers.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for the activities of any of the outdoor groups.
- Serve as a facilitator for any of the group activities.
- input data as needed in online forms and systems.
- Program Reps: recruit, schedule and introduce presenters; enter program information into online database for catalog production.
- Interest Group Liaisons: work with Group Leaders to keep catalog information current.
- Database editors: review data entries; edit descriptions and schedules; provide keywords for search strategies.
- Catalog editors and proofreaders: prepare sections of the monthly catalog using Word, Excel and report generation from the database.
Tech Hosts: email@example.com
- Admit and manage Zoom attendees at Hybrid presentations.
- Manage the in-room camera to enhance the program.
- Assist the presenter with any technical issues during the program.
- Monitor the chat for comments from Zoom attendees.
- Plan, organize, and lead tours for OLLI members.
- Gather ideas about possible venues, contact venues and coordinate arrangements such as parking, capacity and accessibility.
- Post upcoming tours through OLLI channels, both written and verbal.
- Manage pre-registration and tour lists; work with OLLI staff on payment details as needed.
Get Involved – Volunteer for the Fun of It!