Includes an overview of contracting functions which serves as a foundation for other courses.
- Sources of law (Washington Common, UCC, Equity Law)
- Agency theory for employees, contractors, suppliers
- Procurement of goods (Uniform Commercial Code-UCC)
- Contract formation; elements of a contract
- Contract performance and remedies
- Intellectual property
- Government regulation and contracts
- Commercial torts including libel, privacy, commercial interference
- Miscellaneous issues including warranties, bids, licenses, leases
A limited number of spaces may be available to professionals who do not intend to pursue the certificate.