60 hours over 20 weeks
Certificate spans all stages of business development in craft brewing industry, from finding and managing your finances to building marketing strategies and managing your operation. Finalized business plan project will give the next steps to executing and managing a successful business.
Students will be guided through the process by industry guest speakers and Heather McClung, founder of Schooner EXACT Brewing and former president of the Washington Brewers Guild.
Upon completion of this program participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of what it means to be an entrepreneur.
- Examine business marketing opportunities.
- Complete a feasibility analysis of a business idea.
- Identify innovative business strategies.
- Evaluate financial management decisions.
- Address the challenges and opportunities specific to brewing business management and entrepreneurship.
- Have a completed an executive business summary, and be ready to pitch for financing and partners, in order to start their business
Pay as you Go:$1199 + registration fee. We have split this course in two parts to help ease the burden of full payment.
The following requirements must be met to be accepted:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Completed an A.A. or course studies equivalent of two years - OR - two-years of work and/or military experience
If you have not taken the introductory course of Mastering Beer Styles - we highly recommend that you register for the next available section. The course provides the additional common language and history that is helpful to your professional development in the industry.