This first course lays the foundation for the certificate by presenting a comprehensive overview of the role of the human resources professional, and by examining the scope of HR as a strategic business partner within an organization. In this course you will:
- Identify the role of the human resource generalist in an organization.
- Discuss career opportunities.
- Examine strategic or value-added HRM practices.
- Discuss the advantages of working with local/national affiliations and resources (LWHRA, HRCI, SHRM).
- Examine the impact of technology on human resources processes and procedure.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing.
- Discuss future HR trends and developments.