Revit is the world's-leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software program. In this BIM course, you will start at the beginning. The Revit Basics course is an introduction to the use of Revit and its involvement in Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Revit software is provided for the duration of the course upon enrollment.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
In the Revit Basics training course, you will learn to use the Revit Architecture tools and how information is interrelated throughout the Revit (BIM) model. This online Revit course examines how Revit users design 3D models that simultaneously document the project and generate 2D architectural drawings containing floor plans, elevations, and 3D perspective views.
Throughout this Revit course for beginners, you will learn to use this in-demand software that employers desire new hires to possess.
- Introduction to Revit
- User Interface & Basics
- The Habitat House
- The Office Building
- Floor, Ceiling, and Roof
- Groups and Fixtures
- Graphics, Elevations, and Sheets
- Intermediate Revit
- Design Options
- Working with Families
- Tagging and Schedules
- Building Area
- Advanced Walls
What you will learn
- Describe primary Revit concepts and how they relate to Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Design a 3D building model to explain how information is interrelated
- Develop a project which includes floors, walls, ceilings, stairs, curtain walls, and roof design to strengthen 3D modeling and 2D documentation skills
- Explore the capabilities of design options and how to present them
- Explore BIM project management techniques to keep models efficient and user friendly
How you will benefit
- Students will develop skills needed in one of the most in-demand software in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry
- Students will gain an understanding of Revit at an intermediate level
- Students will create presentation-level architectural graphics in Revit that demonstrate hands-on knowledge to future employers
This course is designed to be self-paced and does not involve any live classes. Instead, students will have access to various self-learning resources, including video materials, practice projects, e-books, and other materials available within the course modules. Although there is no direct interaction with an instructor, students can seek help from an industry expert by submitting questions via email.