Learn how to perform the administrative tasks essential for managing the business aspects of a dental practice.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- Student Workbook for the Administrative Dental Assistant
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Additionally, this course will provide you with DENTRIX® software that consists of sample practice opportunities. You can use this software to engage in activities and tasks that you would perform in an actual practice and use it to demonstrate your skills.
As an Administrative Dental Assistant, you will perform as a professional dental staff member and work on behalf of the patient as well as the dentist. This exciting Administrative Dental Assistant Online course can help you gain entrance into the Dental Assistant career path. You will learn about patient care, as well as how to assist with administrative dental duties. Advance and discover career possibilities after acquiring the skills essential for an entry-level administrative dental assistant position.
A dental assistant's duties typically involve managing medical records, accounts receivable, and reimbursement, as well as billing patients and insurance, scheduling patients, and performing procedural and diagnostic coding. You'll also learn important foundational skills such as dental terminology and anatomy, as well as written and oral communication skills.
This course provides comprehensive instruction with DENTRIX G4 software, which includes sample practice opportunities. You can also use this software to engage in activities and tasks that you would perform in an actual dental practice and use it to demonstrate your skills. Textbooks are included in the cost of the course. Don't wait—enroll today and get started on your path to a good salary in a rewarding career!
- The Dental Profession
- Orientation to the Dental Profession: Dental Basics
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Communication Skills and Telephone Techniques
- Written Correspondence
- Patient Relations
- Dental Healthcare Team Communication
- Records Management
- Patient Clinical Records
- Information Management
- Scheduling and Recall Systems
- Dental Patient Scheduling
- Recall Systems
- Dental Insurance Processing
- Financial Management
- Financial Arrangements and Collection Procedures
- Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Receivable
- Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Payable
- Office Equipment and Inventory
- Inventory Management
- Office Equipment
- Computers in the Dental Office
- Employment Strategies
What you will learn
- Foundational skills for dental office administration, such as communication
- Basic industry knowledge, including dental terminology and diseases
- Scheduling patients using common industry software
- Obtaining health histories and maintaining patient records
- Mastering recall systems
- Bookkeeping and billing practices
- Completing dental insurance claim forms
- CDT (current dental terminology) coding
How you will benefit
- Learn dental terminology that will allow you to efficiently communicate with patients and dental professionals
- Understand how to use DENTRIX G4 software, which you can discuss in interviews and list on your resume
- Earn an administrative dental assistant certificate of completion for the course, demonstrating your skills to potential employers
Cindy Lamkin has been employed in the dental field for over 20 years. She graduated from the University of South Dakota with a degree in dental hygiene and holds Registered Dental Assistant and Registered Dental Hygienist credentials. In addition to practicing clinical hygiene, she has also worked in dental office administration and treatment coordination. Her career includes general dentistry, as well as specialty practices of periodontics, endodontics, pedodontics, and orthodontics.