Learn how to host virtual and hybrid events using the latest technology and best practices for producing successful events online, in virtual reality, and in the metaverse.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
The global virtual events market was valued at $114.12 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.4% from 2022 to 2030. Digital platforms allow users to participate in any event remotely, regardless of location. Several web-based systems can be used to connect attendees from all over the world. The convergence of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR) is particularly allowing online communication and collaborative activities to cover all the aspects of a physical event.
With companies rapidly adopting virtual simulated platforms to manage time and resources effectively, the Virtual Hybrid Event Planning course combines the fundamental best practices of event management with online technologies and user experience best practices. In nine months or less, you will achieve a comprehensive foundation of skills, confidence, and tools to work and lead online events in this emerging market as a virtual event planner.
This course will help prepare you to start or expand your career as an online event planner.
- Introduction of Virtual vs. Hybrid vs. Live Events
- How to Produce, Design, Manage, and Plan an Immersive Hybrid Event
- Planning Your Event
- Quality Control
- Day of Event Process
- Layering Your Virtual Event Experience (Fundraisers)
- Layering Your Virtual Event Experience (Vendors)
- Final Project (Events) Presentations
What you will learn
- The VHEP program prepares participants for future technologies and applications of virtual human interaction in the metaverse with a framework that can be applied to any virtual event experience
- Graduates will be able to confidently identify multiple options for a variety of virtual event platforms and make appropriate choices based on event mission, goals, and objectives
- Participants will get hands-on experience hosting and management of virtual events to build confidence, experience, and a portfolio of work in Virtual & Hybrid Event Planning
How you will benefit
- Gain the confidence to identify virtual platforms and capabilities in order to meet event objectives
- Acquire the experience and knowledge to troubleshoot common virtual event tech issues and remedy solutions quickly, making you more resourceful and a valued asset to stakeholders
- Emerge with a better understanding of the future of events and how to increase your value and marketability to consult and support corporations, companies, educational institutions, and the like with virtual and hybrid events
Monica Mowad, CEP
Monica Mowad is an experienced Certified Corporate Event Planner who currently serves as a convention services manager at Hard Rock International. She has over a year of dedicated service at Hard Rock International, where she excels in her role of overseeing and coordinating all aspects of on-site logistics for both small and large conventions. Prior to her current role, she served as a catering convention service manager at Caesars Entertainment Corporation for four years. Monica's passion for events and entrepreneurship led her to explore the role of executive director of events at Societygal, and she founded E3Xperience, a virtual/hybrid event management company, in 2021. Monica holds a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Rowan University and has earned certifications in virtual event and meeting management and creating hybrid events.