Preston Bailey's Signature Wedding & Event Design course allows you to experience the step-by-step processes and techniques utilized by one of the globe's leading wedding and event experts, industry pioneer Preston Bailey.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Preston Bailey's Signature Wedding & Event Design
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Distinguish yourself as a professional event designer by taking this course. You will learn to design event details from top to bottom including the design surrounding the activities that make an event come to life. In many cases it is the designer that extracts the emotional and personal elements of a client and weaves those personal expressions into the event design. A wedding planner taking this course will learn the art of design and how to apply design techniques to their existing knowledge and services to their clients. In this course, you will also learn how to identify, approach, and set up an internship in your local area. You will receive notices of internship opportunities and industry conferences and events.
Disclaimer: This course does not have an externship program through ed2go. Please check with your instructor for more information regarding externship opportunities.
- Daring to Dream - Introduction
- Intro video
- Industry history and evolution
- Preston Bailey's story
- Definition of event design
- Difference between designer and planner
- Fundamentals of design styles
- Assignment – Inspiration project
- Defining the Dream - Working with Clients
- Preston Bailey's design statement
- Formulas for event design planning
- First client meeting
- Design Intuition – Building a bond and rapport, asking the right questions
- Presenting design options and upsell/enhancement opportunities
- Tools and Resources
- Case study
- Lessons Learned
- Designing the Dream - Working with the Team
- Working the Room – the process of designing your way into and out of a space
- Décor Design Outline
- Signature Statement Pieces
- Design Presentation Process – renderings, vision/mood boards, textiles, colors, etc.
- Tools and Resources: Vendors, Suppliers, Craftsman, Artist
- Case Stud
- Delivering the Dream
- Vendors and Service Providers
- Event Design Production
- Production Services
- Tools and Resources
- Case study
- Living the Dream
- Cost Analysis
- Pricing a Project
- Case Study
- Final Project
- Final Exam
What you will learn
- Communicate with new clients to understand their design style
- Present a visual event concept based on a client's personal preferences
- Understand the different types of design styles and how to incorporate them into an event
- Understand how color plays an important role in the event design and experience
- Create a floor plan using simple tools to sketch and design a concept
- Utilize the event planning process and as it applies to design
- Create their signature statement as an event designer
How you will benefit
- Learn how to interact with clients effectively and positively
- Become able to design an event or wedding independently
- Understand how to manage the business aspects of an event, including budgeting and locating vendors
- Gain confidence in your planning skills as they relate to event management
Cho Phillips is a visionary leader and community builder who has made a great impact in the entrepreneurial education and skills training industry. As the CEO and founder of Lovegevity, Inc., she provides accredited colleges and universities with cutting-edge courses. She is also the visionary founder of Lovegevity University and Lovegevity's Wedding Planning Institute. Cho is an educator, course creator, author, and producer of numerous programs that offer continuing education, certifications, and professional designations for freelancers and creative entrepreneurs worldwide. Her work has earned her recognition around the world, and she has coached and guided thousands of entrepreneurs and freelancers in launching and growing their businesses. Apart from her philanthropic endeavors and coaching, Cho resides in Northern California with her family and seven beloved French bulldogs.