Learn Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop skills and prepare for the Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design exams.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. A Chromebook is not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop (not included in enrollment)
- Adobe Illustrator (not included in enrollment)
- Adobe InDesign (not included in enrollment)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Are you interested in Graphic Design? Does visually appealing media catch your attention? If you are ready to take your art to the digital realm, this course is for you. Design skills using Adobe programs are in demand, and this course teaches the three programs focused on visual design. You will build your skills in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
You will also be prepared for the Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign Adobe Certified Associate certifications. By earning two of these certifications, you will gain the Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design certification. You will need to obtain one Photoshop certification and either one Illustrator or InDesign certification to qualify for the Visual Design certification.
This course enrollment includes vouchers. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Image Size and Resolution
- Selection Tools
- Color Correction
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Designing for Web
- Preparing Final Art
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Final Exam
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud
- Getting to Know the Illustrator Environment
- Getting Started
- Organize a Project
- Creating Advanced Illustrations
- Advanced Management of Shapes
- Working with Type
- Manage Project Components
- Sharing Your Project
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator Final Exam
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud
- Getting to Know the Environment
- Creating a Project
- Working with Graphics
- Working with Text
- Master Pages
- Working with Templates
- Advanced Techniques
- Printing and Proofing a Project
- Design Principles
- Designing for Web
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign Final Exam
What you will learn
- How to work with Illustrator to create graphics and illustrations
- Methods to use InDesign to create professional layouts and typography
- Best practices with Photoshop for image sizing and editing, and color correction
How you will benefit
- Launch your career as a graphic or web designer
- Prepare yourself for the Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design exams
- Master key programs in Adobe's Creative Suite, which offers some of the most widely used programs for graphic designers
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.