Learn Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop skills and prepare for the Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Chromebooks are not compatible.
The processor should be:
- Intel® 7th Gen or newer CPU or Apple silicon M1 or newer for Mac.
- Intel® 7th Gen or newer CPU with Quick Sync – or AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series / Threadripper 2000 series or newer CPU for Windows.
In addition, the computer should have at a minimum:
- 4 GB of GPU memory.
- 16 GB of RAM.
- 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation.
- Display of 1920 x 1080 or greater.
- A microphone.
- A webcam.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Premiere Pro (not included in enrollment). See Premiere Pro system requirements for detailed hardware and software specifications.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account
- Optional: Digital video camera - like on many modern mobile phones.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Are you interested in Video Design? Does the power to influence using video content appeal to you? If so, then this course is for you! Video content is used almost everywhere. Successful video editors know how to use their technical skills with precision to tell a story. If you want to become a master storyteller, achieving the Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design credential will help you. Earn the necessary certifications in Premiere Pro and Photoshop Adobe Certified Associate to show you have the editing skills to turn clips into a cinematic original.
Video editing takes source files and manipulates, combines, and arranges them to form a finished project. The result of editing may be a film, a commercial, an instructional video, or any other type of video content you can imagine. Adobe Premiere Pro is a software package for Windows and macOS that contains all the tools needed to edit professional-quality videos. Adobe Photoshop is the most popular graphics and photo editing software, according to Statista.
This course prepares you for the Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop certification exams. If you pass both of those exams, you become Adobe Certified Professionals in Video Design.
Enrollment in this course includes exam vouchers. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Image Size and Resolution
- Selection Tools
- Color Correction
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Designing for Web
- Preparing Final Art
- Introduction to Premiere Pro Creative Cloud
- Introduction to the Premiere Pro Interface
- Thinking in Video
- Setting Up a Project
- Basic Video Editing
- Clips and Markers
- Advanced Editing Techniques
- Working with Audio
- Visual Effects
- Color Correction and Grading
- Compositing Techniques
- Graphics and Titles
- Working in the Video Industry
What you will learn
- Understand how to work with Photoshop to edit pixel-based images to use in print, on the web, in video, and in mobile apps
- Gain general knowledge about working in the video industry
- Learn to work with Premiere Pro to create and edit videos
How you will benefit
- Launch your career as a graphic designer and/or videographer
- Prepare yourself for becoming an Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design
- Master two of the key programs in Adobe's Creative Suite, which offers some of the most widely used programs for graphic designers
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.