You will learn foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Microsoft Azure services; security, privacy, compliance, and trust; and Azure pricing and support. You will also learn to manage Azure subscriptions and resources, implement and manage storage, deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs), configure and manage virtual networks, and manage identities.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals course is intended for entry-level Azure professionals and builds the groundwork needed for you to properly administer and subscribe to Microsoft Azure. From networking and cloud concepts to Azure workloads, cloud security, privacy, and more, you will master the training needed to take your career to the next level. By course completion, you will be prepared to achieve your Microsoft Azure certification.
The Microsoft Azure Security Technologies course will help you gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain the security posture, and identify and remediate vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools. This course also covers scripting and automation, virtualization, and cloud N-tier architecture. Upon completion, you will have the fundamental knowledge required of a Microsoft cloud app security professional.
The course will also prepare you to sit for the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals and the AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Exams. This course offers enrollment with vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Using Cloud Services
- Differences between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Differences Between Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds
- Core Azure Architecture Components
- Core Products Available and Subscriptions in Azure
- Azure Management and Monitoring Tools
- Securing Network Connectivity in Azure
- Core Azure Identity Services
- Security Tools and Features of Azure
- Azure Governance Methodologies
- Conditional Access
- Using Profiles
- Privacy Standards
- Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Mobile Application Management (MDM)
- Windows Defender Tools
- Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Azure AD Identities
- Securing Access
- Securing Application Access
- Access Control
- Network Security
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Containers
- Azure Vulnerability
- Security Operations
- Secure Applications & Data
What you will learn
- Concepts of onsite networking
- Cloud and cloud-based networking concepts
- Azure workloads, security, and subscriptions
- Concepts of hybrid networking
- Azure application support
- How to manage and monitor Azure Services
- Describe specialized data classifications on Azure
- Identify Azure data protection mechanisms
- Implement Azure data encryption methods
- Secure Internet protocols and how to implement them on Azure
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared for the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals and AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Exams
- Expand your career opportunities as an IT professional
Will Panek is a worldwide recognized Microsoft instructor and author. Will is a 5-time Microsoft MVP and has published over 30 titles on Microsoft technologies. Will is a passionate and authoritative instructor and makes sure that his students can implement Microsoft technologies and get themselves certified along the way. Outside the class and authorship, you'd be likely to find Will at the forge smithing his latest creation.
Doug Bassett is an IT instructor specializing in Microsoft Azure, Server 2016/19, and Exchange messaging. He holds many highly sought-after IT certifications, including Microsoft MCSE, Microsoft MCSA, CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA, and Microsoft MCT. In addition to his certifications, Doug has expert knowledge of Microsoft Server 2000, 2003, 2008/2012/2016/2019, Exchange Server and Exchange Online, and Networking structure and applications. As an instructor, Doug is deeply involved in helping his students understand complex concepts and loves to approach teaching a subject from multiple angles.