Learn to create dynamic database-driven websites using the latest technologies.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Visual Studio Code (not included in enrollment).
- One of the following databases (not included in enrollment):
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL
- Server Express
- MySQL Oracle
- MAMP (Instructions for installing both MAMP will be included with the course).
- MySQL Workbench (Instructions for installing MySQL Workbench will be included with the course).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- You will need to have administrative access to your computer so you can properly configure the software and download other software during the course.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. Manuals are included as downloadable PDFs throughout the course.
Master the fundamentals of web development and gain the skills you need to start an entry-level career as a web developer! Whether you're new to web development or want to enhance your skills, this course will teach you how to create dynamic, database-driven websites using the latest technologies. By course completion, you'll build and develop a web application from the ground up.
- Introduction to HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Creating, Styling, and Validating Forms
- Vue.js 3
- Bootstrap Training
- WordPress Training
- Introduction to SQL Training
- Introduction to PHP Training
- Introduction to XML Training
What you will learn
- How to use dynamic HTML to make your web pages more interactive
- To use up-to-date, React and Vue techniques to create web applications
- To use SQL to pull data from a database and to insert and modify data in a database
- To employ XML to store and validate data and to make data more accessible to other applications
- To use the latest HTML features to build forward-looking websites
- To work with Bootstrap to create an efficient and responsive site
- How to create and maintain a WordPress blog
How you will benefit
- Gain intensive web development skills to jumpstart a career in a growing technical field
- Master basic HTML and learn CSS for styling pages
- Understand the latest trends in web development by mastering the fundamentals of Sass, React, Vue, SQL, XML, Bootstrap, and HTML
- Build a website from scratch that can be used as the basis of your portfolio
Nat Dunn founded Webucator in 2003 to combine his passion for technical training with his business expertise and to help companies benefit from both. His previous experience was in sales, business and technical training, and management. Nat has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in International Relations from Pomona College.