This online Biofuel Production Operations course will give you the education you need to work as a biofuel production operator, inspect and repair equipment, operate computer systems, and handle lab equipment.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
At the present time, hundreds of facilities worldwide are producing biofuels. Over the next few decades, many advances will be made in this field and hundreds of new facilities will be built to produce this type of fuel. This opens a new field for potential workers. For decades to come, biofuels will be produced and consumed in the United States, creating an ongoing demand for biofuel production workers.
The Biofuel Production Operations Online Training course will give you the education you need to begin an exciting career in biofuel production. As a biofuel production operator, your job will be to ensure the quality and purity of the biofuel your plant produces. This involves inspecting and repairing equipment, operating computer systems, and handling lab equipment. This online course will ensure you have the skills you need to handle these tasks.
- Basic Hazard Communication
- Basic Safety
- Basic Lockout-Tagout
- Math 1000: Basic Math 1
- Math 2000: Basic Math 2
- Math 2500: Basic Math 3
- Applied Physics 1
- Applied Physics 2
- Applied Physics 3
- Heat Exchangers
- Lubrication and Bearings
- Electrical Safety
- Electricity for Operators and Technicians
- Industrial Valves
- Compressed Air
- How to Read Process Drawings
- Basic Process Instrumentation and Control
- Pump Fundamentals
- Centrifugal Pumps: Operation
- Biofuels 1000: An Introduction to Biofuels
- Biofuels 1500: Biofuel Feedstocks
- Biofuels 2000: Bioalcohols—Use as a Fuel Source
- Biofuels 2500: Basic Fermentation Technology
- Biofuels 3000: Basic Distillation Technology
- Biofuels 4000: Ethanol Production Systems
What you will learn
- Describe basic math, physics, and chemistry knowledge necessary for a biofuel production operator to know
- Know basic safety aspects related to biofuel production
- Understand basic elements of electricity for energy production workers
- Read technical process drawings
- Describe basic operational elements of lubrication and centrifugal pumps
- Be familiar with the natural vegetation sources that can be used for biofuels
- Know how ethanol and bio-diesel is produced
- Describe how basic fermentation systems and alcohol distillation systems work
- Understand various methods used to purify biofuel
How you will benefit
- Help the nation turn toward alternate energy sources
- Jump-start your career in the alternate energy industry
- Gain exposure to the technical aspects of hydrocarbons, energy, and industrial processes
- Earn high wages, enjoy better job security, and have the potential to advance into supervisory or management positions as a biofuel production operator
- Enrolled students are invited to attend our exclusive annual virtual National Apprenticeship Week events, featuring live webinars, workshops, and employer interactions
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.