FIRST IN A SERIES OF THREE COURSES
This course will arm you with the necessary skills to conduct a thorough traffic crash investigation and properly document your findings for courtroom presentation.
We will show you the proper procedures for measuring, scale diagramming, and photographing in order to record physical evidence and essential facts available only at the crash scene. You will learn the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and engineering as they pertain to crash investigations and the proper mathematical equations to apply for the type of crash being investigated. Finally, you will learn to analyze the information to determine what happened before, during, and after the collision.
IPTM’s At-Scene Traffic Crash/Traffic Homicide Investigation will prepare you for a variety of advanced and specialty courses in traffic crash investigations.
- Physical evidence from the roadway
- Physical evidence from the vehicle
- The human element and occupant kinematics
- Mathematical principles and equations
- Skid marks and vehicle speeds
- Crash scene photography
- Traffic templates
- Measuring and scale diagramming
- Driver and witness interviews
- Information analysis and case preparation
Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, claims adjusters, engineers, attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, animators and graphic designers
For Florida Officers, this course will not qualify for Salary Incentive Credit for FDLE course “Traffic Homicide Investigation.”
Courses in the Series
First in the Series:
Second in the Series:
Third in the Series:
What Our Students Are Saying
“The cadre of instructors was absolutely excellent! Every question asked was answered, explained, and recognized. I have taken many courses, ranging from introductory to instructor in level, but I have not been challenged to this level of come away with such a confident feeling of absorption before. Kudos to your staff and thank you!” – I.N.
- “The order in which the material was given was excellent and helping me understand the material and in a way that help me put it together as it expanded. I was at first intimidated by the material and now look forward to advanced traffic crash investigation.” – P.L.
- “Good step-by-step intro to crash reconstruction, eases into math/physics, proper amount of time given to problems and problem solving which is hardest part.” – B.M.
- “One of the best organized classes I have taken during my 17 years in law enforcement.” – D.M.
- “Not having any prior knowledge of crash investigation, the instructors talk at a level which made it easy for everybody to understand. They also made it fun, which in turn was easier to get things. If you had an issue, they also took the extra time/explanation until you got it.” – G.S.