THIRD IN A SERIES OF THREE COURSES
Traffic Crash Reconstruction builds upon IPTM’s Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation course by assisting you further in understanding vehicle dynamics. You will take part in a more intense study of time/distance calculations, two-dimensional momentum and impact speed calculations using momentum equations.
- Derivation and origin of the commonly used speed formulas
- Speed of vehicles at impact using conservation of linear momentum
- Behavior of vehicles in a collision using Newton’s three laws of motion
- Discussions of commercial vehicle and motorcycle dynamics in collisions
- The determination of direction of travel, initial contact and position of vehicles on the roadway
This course includes extensive project work to give you first hand experience in crash reconstruction. Each student will be required to diagram and analyze several different crash scenarios as well as complete vector sum analysis of each.
Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, claims adjusters, engineers, attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, animators and graphic designers
Because of the highly technical subject matter, it is mandatory for you to have successfully completed IPTM’s Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation (80 hours) course or its equivalent.
What to Bring
- Scientific calculator
- Three-ring binder (1 1/2")
For Florida Officers, this course will not qualify for Salary Incentive Credit for FDLE course "Traffic Accident Reconstruction."
An accredited individual may retake IPTM’s Traffic Crash Reconstruction course for ACTAR continuing education units only once every five years (after their initial five year accreditation period) for the purpose of updating their skills.
Courses in the Series
What Our Students Are Saying
- "I previously took a [competitor] class and hated it. This in comparison was so much better. The instructors aren't here to "show off" how much they know, but actually help us better understand what we're doing." - Trooper J.D.
- “In five years of engineering education and high school math, I never understood laws of cosine, etc. until the instructor explained it simply. I’ve always just relied on memorizing formulas: now I understand why and how they work. Thank you!” – C.P.
- “Both instructors showed great patience and explained course material in a way that made it easy to understand.” – A.A.
- “I liked the projects. I thought they were challenging enough to reinforce what we were learning.” – D.A.
- “Open atmosphere to ask questions and have meaningful discussions.” – T.C.
- “Really brings the previous two courses together and builds mathematical confidence.” – G.D.
- “Lesson plans were well laid out. Instructor explained things well and made things easy to understand.” – J.L.
- “Instructors were well prepared and knowledgeable of the topic.” – Anon.
This course is not eligible for certificate discounts.