Pedestrian and bicycle crashes are one of the most frequent types of injurious crashes in urban areas. Because of their unique nature, special techniques are required to investigate and reconstruct these incidents.
This course addresses the special dynamics involved in pedestrian and bicycle traffic crashes. From reaction times to victim injury analysis to environmental factors, you’ll learn to recognize and interpret the evidence and correlate it with the collision sequence.
- Pedestrian crash problems
- Pedestrian impact dynamics
- Types of data:objective, subjective and performance
- Collection of data
- Pedestrian conspicuity
- Reaction time/human factors
- Reconstruction techniques
- Bicycle collision analysis
- Hit and run investigation techniques
Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, claims adjusters, engineers, attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, animators and graphic designers
You must have completed IPTM’s At-Scene Traffic Crash/Traffic Homicide Investigation course or its equivalent.
IPTM's Pedestrian/Bicycle Crash Investigation - Level I course is eligible for 40 ACTAR CEUs.
What to Bring
- Scientific calculator
- Traffic template
What Our Students Are Saying
“I did not expect to learn a lot in this course. I was pleasantly surprised that I have learned a lot of helpful work related information that I will be able to use. Excellent instructor.” – M.W.
- “The instructor had a lot of knowledge. He was willing to stay longer if a student still had questions.” – B.H.
- “The instructor brought to the class a level of knowledge seldom seen with an ability to present and teach that was useful and entertaining.” – C.P.
- “Great field work to prove this theory that we were taught.” – C.F.
- “Instructors took a time to explain concepts in detail. Other courses are only three days, which I don’t think is enough time to cover the needed material.” – M.B.
- “Excellent class covering pedestrian impact. The real world examples and testing were most helpful. The level of math was sufficient without being overwhelming.” – T.G.
- “Use of real investigations were helpful to improve my own role as an investigator.” – J.H.
- “The class was absolutely a blast! The instructors were very professional and VERY knowledgeable with the course material. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire week of instruction. The instructors were very helpful and taught in a way we could all understand. 2 thumbs up.” – Anon.