Online instructor-led course conducted over five consecutive weeks.
You must register at least 7 business days before the start date if you're in the US and 21 if you're outside the US.
This course is designed for experienced traffic crash investigators who have a good working knowledge of the techniques and applications of formulas taught in basic crash investigation courses and who wish to build upon that foundation with more advanced mathematical formulas used to analyze motorcycle crashes.
- Analyzing and interpreting the motorcycle crash scene
- Determining acceleration and deceleration characteristics of the motorcycle
- Analyzing and interpreting modes of instability and handling characteristics in motorcycles
- Interpreting the operator factor
- Reviewing motorcycle tires, helmets and other equipment
- Using a practical application of formulas (projects)
- Bicycle collision analysis
- Hit and run investigation techniques
Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, claims adjusters, engineers, prosecuting attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, animators and graphic designers
You must have completed IPTM’s Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation course, or its equivalent.
IMPORTANT: You will need to provide a scientific calculator. Other required training and reference materials will be shipped to you before the first day of class.
Online environment: This course is interactive, instructor-led, and divided into weekly modules. At the end of each week, the current module will close and a new module will open. This way, the entire class progresses through the materials together, just like classroom training. There are no provisions for you to skip modules or work ahead of the rest of the class.
This is not a self-paced course. Although there are no specific times that you must be online, you will be required to complete assignments each week by the deadlines posted within the course. Hence, you must be committed to the course and invest the time necessary for successful completion. You should plan to dedicate an average of five to eight hours per week to the course activities.
The instructors will be available by email and on discussion boards throughout the course. They will be your guides and will assist you with questions and advanced discussions at every step along the way.
Computer requirements: You will complete the course entirely online. A dependable broadband internet connection with a Windows or Mac computer and Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download) are required. Some assignments will require you to upload a scanned or photographed project.
IPTM's Investigation of Motorcycle Crashes - Level I - Online course is eligible for 40 ACTAR CEUs.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "The level of detail provided by the instructors was great. It was obvious they knew what they are talking about.” – Sup. J.K.
- "I was pleased with the explanation of the quizzes post submitting them. Giving calculations for multiple options based on individual though processes was brilliant." – Ofc. R.K.
- "Plenty of information was provided, not just the PowerPoint and instruction, but the handouts and books." – Inv. R. G.
- "I liked having the ability to go over the material multiple times." – Inv. R.A.
- "The amount of information provided was very good. The videos shown helped in my understanding of the course material." – Inv. R.F.
This course is not eligible for certificate discounts.