This course will further enhance the skills you acquired in IPTM's Homicide Investigation course and supply you with the knowledge and abilities to handle even the most challenging homicide investigations.
You will learn how to organize a complex homicide investigation and how to apply advanced forensic techniques to the case. We will discuss criminal profiling and abnormal psychology and you will learn specific interrogation techniques to use on the suspects.
Lectures during the course will be held to a minimum. Instead, emphasis will be placed on practical exercises. You will be provided the opportunity to apply the skills you have acquired while studying complex homicide cases presented by the instructors.
- Organization of a complex homicide investigation
- Criminal investigative analysis (criminal profiling)
- Abnormal psychology for investigators
- Interrogation techniques for homicide suspects
- Application of advanced forensic techniques
- Reconstruction of a high profile homicide case
Patrol officers, newly assigned and seasoned detectives, investigations supervisors, crime scene technicians, medical examiner and coroner investigators, military investigative personnel
This class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
It is recommended, but not mandatory, that you have completed a basic homicide investigation course or have the knowledge of proven investigative techniques necessary to solve most homicide cases.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “Awesome class. Very useful information to take back to the field.” – Det. R.W.
- “Excellent instructors who are engaging, intelligent and thorough. They are making a huge impact on investigators and sharing their extensive knowledge on this subject.” – A.D.
- "Great class! Good info on DNA." – Det. M.S.
- “Excellent material and subject matter; experienced instructors; great hands-on exercises.” – Det. S.R.
- "Changed the way I look at homicide scenes." – Sgt. R.J.