Make a small beaded leather bag with a drawstring. This project teaches hand sewing and some basic beading techniques, and will be embellished with fringes, a drawstring and larger beads. The finished bag is a good size for a phone, keys or other pocket items. Students will receive a recording of each session for later reference. The materials fee covers a kit including needles, leather, and a variety of beads that will be mailed to students.
Students will receive a mailed kit with almost all of the needed materials.
Students will need to provide:
- Thread scissors (craft scissors works too)
- Stable work space and a place to lay out your beads
- Good lighting, and a comfortable chair
- A laptop or tablet to join the Zoom class
- Reading glasses if you use them
- Matches or lighter
- Pen or marker
- Tailor's chalk or white school chalk