Spend a week exploring woodworking using both hand and power tools. You will learn how to safely use tools like the chop saw, drill, and rasp as you create your own treasure box, wooden pen, miniature furniture and more. Come prepared to make sawdust, learn new skills and design your own creative projects. This camp is open to youth ages 8-13.
Please register for the class under the parent/guardian name. We will contact you to find out the student's name and age. Registration is available to Cook County residents only by phone April 18-21. Beginning April 22, open registration will be offered online.
We want Kids’ Camp to be accessible to families in Cook County regardless of financial status. There are half cost and full cost scholarships available for youth residents of Cook County. Scholarships can be requested at the time of registration via phone: 218-387-9762.
Camps are held from 9 am-4 pm each day with an hour break from noon-1 for lunch and downtime. All campers must bring their own bag lunch to eat each day.
We encourage kids to bring a book or quiet game for their break and they will have access to outdoor space in good weather to play during lunch break.
- Health and safety of all participants is our top priority.
- Unless the Covid situation changes, masks will not be mandatory although any camper has the option of wearing a face mask during the day while at camp.
- Camps will be limited to 10-12 campers with 1 or 2 instructors for a total group size of no more than 14 people.
- Indoor activities will take place in our large classrooms, with windows open for ample ventilation. Instructors will teach outdoors when possible.
- Campers who feel ill will be asked to stay home.
Because projects worked on at camp build from day to day and learning extends throughout the week please only sign your child up for camp if they will be able to attend all five days of the camp week.
Pick Up and Drop Off
You can drop your child off at their camp location up to 30 minutes before the start of camp each day. At the time of registration, parents/guardians may authorize their child(ren) to walk or bike home from camp alone. All kids not walking/biking must be picked up by an authorized parent/guardian within 10 minutes of the end of the camp day.