Community Education classes will be held primarily online due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
All live online classes will use ZOOM, a free video conferencing software. Zoom is accessible from your computer or phone; instructions for creating a free Zoom account can be found here.
You can watch a short video demonstrating how to join a meeting here. Zoom also has a test site available if you want to test the application before your class begins.
Below are some general guidelines for using Zoom:
- Do not share Zoom meeting links with anyone outside of the class.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking so that other students are not distracted by background noises.
- If you are experiencing delays or interruptions using your home network, you can turn off your video function and still be able to listen and speak.
In addition to Zoom, some classes will use Canvas, an online home for all of your class materials where you can engage with your facilitator and other students.
Some classes will also use Canvas, an online learning tool. If you are registered for a class that will also use Canvas, please follow the instructions below to log in.
To sign in, go to https://pencol.instructure.com/login
- Your username is your ctcLinkID number (you should receive a student ID number with your registration email that will work as ctcLinkID)
- Your password is the same as the one you created for your ctcLink account
Instructions for how to activate account:
- If you are a new student Click here.
- If you are a current student and you have an SID number Click here.
- If you have questions contact Canvas support at (360) 417-6272.
Visit the eLearning website https://pencol.edu/services/elearning-and-online-classes
We offer by appointment Zoom sessions for live technical assistance. Please schedule your appointment here.
We also have the following availability for Zoom drop-in help
Monday – Thursday, 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm in Zoom at this link.
SUPPORT CONTACT INFORMATION: