Return to Course Catalog

Course Catalog Peninsula College is Vaccinated Campus. Click here for more information. > Requirements & FAQ for Students

Requirements & FAQ for Students   

What is an attestation in the context of COVID-19?
Attestation is a personal declaration that something is true and factual. If you have a Peninsula College ID number, you will be able to provide your attestation information by logging into your ctcLink portal and clicking on the Immunization Attestation tile. Choose your details by using the drop down box under Immunization, agree to the statements and click on Submit. Alternatively, when you enroll in Community Education classes, you will receive an email before class starts with a link where you can provide your vaccination status.

What will be accepted as proof of vaccination?
All students taking on-campus/in person will need to attest to full vaccination status or declare a vaccination exemption. You will need to include your vaccination dates, but at this time we don’t require a copy of student vaccination cards.

Do I need to complete an attestation form even if I am attending online?
No. Students who are enrolled in online or virtual classes with no on-campus requirements are automatically exempted from the governor’s vaccination mandate for fall quarter. The college’s expectation is that students who are 100% online and who have not completed an attestation form will not receive in-person services on PC campuses.

Does being a “vaccinated campus” mean that everyone on PC campuses will be vaccinated?
No. While we strive to make our campuses as safe as possible for our students and staff, there will be a small number of students and employees who will receive medical or religious exemptions from the governor’s vaccine mandate. Masks and three-foot social distancing are required in all indoor spaces. Outdoor events will require social distancing and masks, but vaccinations will not be required of visitors at these events.

How can I request an exemption?
To request an exemption, log into your ctcLink portal and click on the Immunization Attestation tile. From there, choose the exemption from the dropdown menu. If more information is needed, we will reach out to you. If you are registered for a community education class you will receive an email before class starts with a link where you can provide your vaccination status or choose and exemption.

For a Medical Exemption you will also need to complete the following form: Vaccine Proclamation Medical Questionnaire and return it to Peninsula College:
ATTN: Vice President for Student Services
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
or fax 360-417-6581
If more information is needed, we will reach out to you.

If I am granted a medical or religious exemption can I still come to campus?
Students who work with Student Services administration and are granted a medical or religious exemption may be allowed to attend face-to-face classes and activities, but must wear a face covering at all times and socially distance wherever possible.

I am claiming an exemption. Can I still take face-to-face classes?
Yes, all students are welcome back to in-person classes after you verify your vaccination status.

What about in-person services & activities?
Masking and social distancing requirements have been dropped as of Spring Quarter 2022. Masks will be worn by those who wish to continue wearing them.

Do I need to wear a face covering?
In accordance with the state's revised guidelines, beginning March 23, 2022, mask-wearing will be optional, with masks strongly recommended. Please note that all policies are subject to change depending on official guidance from the local public health department and the state.

What if I still want to wear a mask?
Peninsula College fully supports anyone who chooses to continue wearing a mask. While masks are optional as of March 23, building attendants will have them available to anyone who would like one.

Do I need to practice social distancing?
Beginning Spring Quarter, social distancing will not be required in classrooms or offices.

What if I begin to experience COVID symptoms after coming to campus?
Campus Safety will have some limited over-the-counter COVID tests available for anyone who has a sudden onset of symptoms after arriving to campus.

Are you keeping virtual services?
Wherever possible, PC will continue to offer both virtual and in-person services for students.