Sign In  |  View Cart  |    |  Help  |  
Return to Course Catalog

Continuing Education > FAQs


Where is the Continuing Education office located?
Our physical address is 1025 Chilton Circle in Elko, Nevada. We are located in the Community Outreach Center on the Great Basin College campus. (You will find us next door to the Child Center and across the street from the GBC Theatre.) On the GBC Elko Campus Map, we are building 19.

What is the difference between Great Basin College and Continuing Education?
Great Basin College offers academic credit courses leading to associate and bachelor’s degrees to its students. Continuing Education is a department within Great Basin College that mainly offers non-credit, community education and professional development courses and certificates of completion.

What courses and programs does Continuing Education offer?
We offer personal enrichment courses like Conversational Spanish, Digital Photography, Ceramics, Tai Chi, Youth Karate, and more.

Can Continuing Education provide training at my company location?
Yes, we offer Microsoft Office classes in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Team Building, and Communication and other topics by request. Call our office at 775-327-5300 for further information.
We also offer online career training programs such as Dental Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Data Analytics, Python Developer, Veterinary Assistant, Paralegal, Group Fitness Instructor, Event Management, Physical Therapy Aide, and Certified Supply Chain Professional.

Can you bill me for a course instead of requiring payment upfront?
Yes, arrangements can be made if you are being sponsored by an agency or employer. Please call our office at 775-327-5300.

Does my fee include materials and text books?
In most cases, yes. If materials and books are extra, it will be clearly stated prior to registration.

What if my class is cancelled?
You will be notified by phone, email, or text as soon as possible.

Is it possible to obtain a transcript for Continuing Education classes?
Yes, please contact us by phone at 775-327-5300.

What is Continuing Education's student conduct policy?
The Great Basin College Student Conduct Policy applies to all Continuing Education students.

Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa and MasterCard payments.

Do you issue 1098T forms for Continuing Education courses?
Great Basin College does not issue 1098T forms for non-credit courses. However, we encourage you to work with an accountant or tax professional regarding your specific tax situation and lifelong learning allowance.

Some Title