This is an intense hands-on course that will arm you with the tactical and officer survival skills for a variety of street level drug enforcement situations.
Lectures will include such topics as operational planning, personnel selection and assignments, the importance of teamwork and communication, and the survival mind-set. You will learn different methods of covert communication that team members may use during field operations.
Glock simunitions will be used during several hands-on scenarios. Exercises will include buy/bust and sting operations, building entries and searches, subject takedowns and more. You will also practice valuable survival skills like door breaching, weapon retention, weapon take-back, edged weapon defense, stuns and distractors.
- Use of force and legal issues surrounding street level operations
- Operational scouting and planning
- Weapon retention and disarming techniques
- Buy/bust, reverse stings, street "sweeps" and jump-outs
- Vehicle containment and extractions
- Search warrant execution
- Room clearing and searching techniques
- Personnel selection and assignments
- Teamwork and communication
- Equipment and breaching tools
Patrol officers, narcotics investigators and supervisors, military investigative personnel
- Class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
You are required to be in good physical health and capable of participating in the exercises.
What to Bring
- Tactical uniform (if used by your agency)
- Ample supply of jeans/work type clothing
- Gun belt or drop holster
- Shoulder-mounted rifle - only if you have a conversion kit for force-on-force scenario training
- Load bearing vest or Tac vest (additional ceramic or rifle plates not needed)
- Eye protection
- Pair of light-weight leather gloves
- Hard-sole shoes or boots
- Your law enforcement identification
Some exercises may also take place during the evening hours.