This course will provide you with the latest theories and approaches to pedestrian/bicycle traffic crash investigations. Building upon the topics presented in IPTM’s Pedestrian/Bicycle Crash Investigation - Level I, our focus in this advanced class will be on the analysis phase of the crash as well as on collisions that occur at night or during other conditions of degraded visibility.
We’ll show you how to develop a systematic approach to the analysis of these crashes so that you will have all the tools and data necessary to understand and explain collision avoidance issues. You will be introduced to the equations and data needed to analyze the speed of both the vehicle and the pedestrian/cyclist at impact.
Actual pedestrian visibility testing will be conducted to help you understand the visibility issues associated with many pedestrian/cyclist crashes. To assist you in completing your investigations, you will be required to conduct pedestrian rate-of-movement testing to augment the pedestrian speed data reviewed in class.
- Review of pedestrian/cyclist impact dynamics and injuries
- Pedestrian and vehicle speed determination methods
- Visibility issues and nighttime perception-reaction times
- Pedestrian rate-of-movement research and data
- Pedestrian visibility research and data
- Collision avoidance issues and determination
- Real world case analysis for understanding and practicing vehicle and pedestrian speed determination
- Real world case analysis for understanding collision avoidance issues
- Pedestrian visibility and rate-of-movement field work
Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, claims adjusters, engineers, attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, animators and graphic designers
You must have successfully completed IPTM’s Pedestrian/Bicycle Crash Investigation - Level I course, or its equivalent.
IPTM's Pedestrian/Bicycle Crash Investigation - Level II course is eligible for 40 ACTAR CEUs.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “Every aspect of material was beneficial. Both instructors and course material – excellent.” – Det. Sgt. J.P.
- “Excellent class.” – Patrol Ofc. C.P.
- “Ken and Pat were excellent. I felt a little lost in the beginning and they brought me right up to speed.” – P.O.
- “Course well organized. Instructor well prepared and presented the material well. Great class!!!” – Sgt. K.L.
- “The methods for reconstructing ped–bike crashes was thoroughly taught, discussed and shown, with bookwork and real testing scenarios.” – Anon.
- “This class really brought me up to speed on time/distance information.” – S.D.
- “Fantastic course!” – Dep. T.L.