This is an independent study, self-paced course for Florida law enforcement officers.
As required by the Drug Evaluation Classification Program international standards, every DRE must receive a minimum of eight hours of recertification training within two years of their most recent certification.
- Introduction to the state coordinator
- Program updates
- DRE legal updates
- Impaired driving beyond probable cause
- Back to basics
- Using your body worn camera to your advantage
- DRE report writing
- DRE national database demonstration
- DRE case preparation
This online, grant-funded course is restricted to Florida law enforcement officers who are DREs or DRE instructors.
This online course satisfies the eight-hour recertification training requirement for Florida DREs.
Online environment: This is an independent study, self-paced course. Although there are no specific times that you must be online, you will be required to complete assignments by the deadlines posted within the course. You should plan to dedicate approximately eight (8) hours to the course activities. You must be committed to the course and invest the time necessary for successful completion.
Instructors are available to answer your questions during each module via the help forum. The course must be completed within 30 days upon registration. Once the 30-day period has ended, you may no longer have access and be required to re-enroll. Additional fees may apply.
Registrations received between Sept. 1-15: This course will close on September 30 at 11:59 pm (est). All course work and the final evaluation must be completed by this time or you will not receive credit for the course, per FDOT Grant Funding Rules.
Computer requirements: You will complete the course entirely online. A dependable broadband internet connection with a Windows or Mac computer and Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download) are required.
What Our Students Are Saying
- “I enjoyed the detailed descriptions of the advanced information that I would be trained on. That exceeds my current knowledge as an ARIDE graduate.” – Ofc. J.H.
- "I liked that the course is self-paced and no time limit in reviewing the videos or being in a rush. The instructor was very knowledgeable about the topics." – Ofc. S.L.
- "It was extremely informative, especially the material on Kratom and Immodium abuse." – Supv. J.K.
- "This course offers the most up to date information that I will find relevant in course of my job." – Ofc. D.C.
- "It was an excellent refresher to allow for the recertification of my DRE certification." – Ofc. R.C.
This course is not eligible for certificate discounts.