THIRD IN THE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE CRASH INVESTIGATION SERIES
This course will assist you with the forensic collection and analysis of event data that is available in Heavy Vehicle Electronic Control Modules (HVECM), also referred to as Heavy Vehicle Event Data Recorders (HVEDR).
During the training, you will learn how to analyze the data that is imaged from an HVECM and then apply the information to your investigation. We will explain the data that is available and can be imaged from commercial vehicles and conduct a detailed discussion of the various reports obtainable from Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack/Volvo, International and other manufacturers.
Finally, we will image available vehicles and show you how to use and reconcile HVECM data with other methods of reconstruction analysis as well as examine and analyze the data to determine its validity.
- Accessing and imaging data using the recommended hardware and software
- Latest HVECM devices and available data, including but not limited to:
- Detroit Diesel
- ABS, GPS and collision avoidance systems
- Determining the validity and reliability of HVECM data
- Applying the data to your investigation
- Reconciling data with other reconstruction analysis
Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, insurance fraud special investigators and claims adjusters, engineers, attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, collision animation and simulation graphics users
You must have successfully completed IPTM’s Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation course, its equivalent, or have prior approval of the instructor.
What to Bring
- Work clothes for outside activities (including inclement weather)
- Laptop computer with administrative privileges
IPTM's Heavy Vehicle Electronic Control Module Data Use in Crash Reconstruction course is eligible for 40 ACTAR CEUs.
Other Courses in the Series
What Are Students Are Sarying
- “Excellent hands-on training, knowledgeable instructors.” - T.B. Consultant
- “Instructors were very knowledgeable and very helpful in explaining techniques and sharing past experiences. The hands-on practical exercises were very beneficial.” - Ofc. J.M.
- “Awesome course! Very informative, filled a lot of gaps in my knowledge.” - A.T. M.E.
- “Instructors are very helpful and knowledgeable about the information given they even go into further depth about CMV brakes and working parts.” - Sgt. S.W.
This course is not eligible for certificate discounts.